200,000+ Files Added in Just 2 Days?

settergordonq5

Reaction score
When I scanned my computer with Microsoft Defender two days ago, it showed 700,000+ files. Today it reports around 900,000 files. I haven't saved much new data and have deleted many unused game and app files. Defender found no threats so I dont understand how I ended up with 200,000 more files. Does anyone have any ideas?

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Well, I know for a fact, that Firefox could do that in two days. (Temporary Internet Files)
Then you've got all the .tmp, .old, .log files that you never remove.

All those junk files can build up to the point that they can bring your OS right down to its knees.
That's why I wrote my Cleanup.bat (batch file) to clean out all that stuff.

I can easily get 200,000 junk files per week. Or more.

I usually run my Cleanup batch file, before I shut down my computer for the day, and it regularly removes thousands of junk files.
It does a file count and gives me a printout.

Cleanup 1-18-24.jpg
That was after just one days work.

Good Luck!
Shadow
:cool:

settergordonq5

Reaction score
Thank you for your insight Shadow 2023. It makes me feel better knowing this isn't only happening to me. I'll definitely look into running this cleanup batch file to manage junk files. Your advice is much appreciated!

thepcformula

Reaction score
Well, I know for a fact, that Firefox could do that in two days. (Temporary Internet Files)
Then you've got all the .tmp, .old, .log files that you never remove.

All those junk files can build up to the point that they can bring your OS right down to its knees.
That's why I wrote my Cleanup.bat (batch file) to clean out all that stuff.

I can easily get 200,000 junk files per week. Or more.

I usually run my Cleanup batch file, before I shut down my computer for the day, and it regularly removes thousands of junk files.
It does a file count and gives me a printout.

View attachment 1767
That was after just one days work.

Good Luck!
Shadow
:cool:
Can you share that cleanup.bat ?

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
I'm into Wintools.NET .. it has options to clean with FILEMASKS or even DIRECTORIES, I will do those cleanups once every week :)

1724122476880.png

1724122488129.png

Ask a Question