24h2 headache

Dinosaurus

Reaction score
after i installed 24h2 as soon as i login the screen goes grey and stays that way.

RogerOver

Reaction score
You can go into "advanced startup mode" (also called WIN RE (Recoyery Environment))

by force-crashing windows 3 times ! See here (the answer with the green check): https://superuser.com/questions/178...ng-pc-boot-without-restarting-from-booted-win ; there is no other way, as you apparently can't enter windows !

But please first read (google on the net) what you can do with "advanced startup mode"; for instance here (scroll down until after "Save Your Work First ⚠ : Restart Follows): https://www.tomshardware.com/software/windows/when-and-why-to-use-windows-advanced-startup

Vote:

Dinosaurus

Reaction score
You can go into "advanced startup mode" (also called WIN RE (Recoyery Environment))

by force-crashing windows 3 times ! See here (the answer with the green check): https://superuser.com/questions/178...ng-pc-boot-without-restarting-from-booted-win ; there is no other way, as you apparently can't enter windows !

But please first read (google on the net) what you can do with "advanced startup mode"; for instance here (scroll down until after "Save Your Work First ⚠ : Restart Follows): https://www.tomshardware.com/software/windows/when-and-why-to-use-windows-advanced-startup
I tried that but no go. When I start up the PC it goes to the login screen and when I do it goes black. I thought maybe the PC wasn't updated before I tried to install 24h2 so I rolled the update back and made sure it was updated. I then reinstalled the 24h2 and the same thing happened. Thank you Microsoft

Vote:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
"I'll just stick with 23H2 .. 24H2 is plain buggy"

Maybe, the version you got, but certainly NOT the version that I got!!!
Why do you keep dealing with "Bug Central" ???

I'm running 24H2 (Not from MS) on several PC's now, and not a problem on any of them.
It's FAST, clean, lean and mean! Isn't that what we all want....an OS that runs great, and with NO problems. ?
So we can run our programs, search the web, and play our games without bug chasing all the time.

I NEVER upgrade any of my PC's from one level to the next (i.e., 23H2 to 24H2). I ONLY do a Clean Install, to upgrade my PC's from one level to the next. Safe, and never Sorry!

Cheers Mates,
Shadow :cool:

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
"I'll just stick with 23H2 .. 24H2 is plain buggy"
Maybe, the version you got, but certainly NOT the version that I got!!!
Why do you keep dealing with "Bug Central" ???

I'm running 24H2 (Not from MS) on several PC's now, and not a problem on any of them.
It's FAST, clean, lean and mean! Isn't that what we all want....an OS that runs great, and with NO problems. ?
So we can run our programs, search the web, and play our games without bug chasing all the time.

I NEVER upgrade any of my PC's from one level to the next (i.e., 23H2 to 24H2). I ONLY do a Clean Install, to upgrade my PC's from one level to the next. Safe, and never Sorry!

Cheers Mates,
Shadow :cool:

Hahahaha .. this is common issue in Windows OS, and it did happen in early releases of 23H2 as well, personally I am satisfied with current releases of 23H2, especially the latest patch October build 22631.4249 ..

24H2 is long way to go as I believe they will include CoPilot+ especially for ARM devices, 24H2 is best suits for testers (BETA/CANARY) according to MyDigitalLife forum, there are many builders and testers over there ..

:)

Vote:

Ask a Question