Activation key for Windows 11 Pro installation is not working.

Reaction score
Please help me. The activation key for my fresh Windows 11 Pro installation isn't working. I bought the Windows 11 Pro edition from the official Microsoft website a few months ago. The key worked fine initially, but after performing a complete format and fresh installation of Windows, it now says I need to activate Windows, even though I have a purchased key license.

Bighorn

Reaction score
Please help me. The activation key for my fresh Windows 11 Pro installation isn't working. I bought the Windows 11 Pro edition from the official Microsoft website a few months ago. The key worked fine initially, but after performing a complete format and fresh installation of Windows, it now says I need to activate Windows, even though I have a purchased key license.
Did you have to enter the key at some point during the intall? After Windows is running check System and the Activation, see what is listed about it.

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
When you start down a road, and you find that the Bridge is Out, will you sit down and wait for the bridge to be rebuilt?
You might, but I won't. I'll just find a different route.

Mr T might say, "I pity the fool, who thinks he needs a Key to operate his/her computer."

I've not used a Key to operate any computer since Windows XP. I had one key, back then, that I used, over and over again.

The quick fix today, is to get off of the MS Train, and use an OS version that does not require you go buy a Key.
Every version of Windows that I've acquire, and used for FREE, for the past few years, has Activated itself, with a Digital Key.

Cheers Mates,
Shadow :cool:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
There's an option to skip serial number / key input when installing Windows but that's optional because Windows will automatically activate itself when you login using the correct Microsoft Account as the previous installations.

As an alternative you can see what version of Windows are you're using in Settings -> System -> About, it happened to me previously when I simply change the Windows 11 Professional to Windows 11 Professional Single Language .. both activations are not the same :)

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Haven't you people ever heard of the KMS Activator?

The Earth is not flat! The sky is not falling, and no-one has to rely on MS for Activation. It just a fact of life.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Haven't you people ever heard of the KMS Activator?

The Earth is not flat! The sky is not falling, and no-one has to rely on MS for Activation. It just a fact of life.

Windows Security / Defender will block KMS .. try this its easy without any installation and works for Windows and Office .. Start PowerShell or Terminal (Not CMD). Copy-paste below code and follow onscreen instructions. 🤭

Ask a Question