B1 initialize library failed BSOD Solved for me.

Bill Shannon

Reaction score
I recently went mad -

B1 initialize library failed what is this I googled and some said Bios there are all sorts of answers for this one for me It turned out to be bad stick of ram and possibly also a bad sata cable to drive 4 on my 6 drive desktop. My machine first started malfunction in office photos and browsers things that load up the machine a virus check ran fine as that was concentrated on the disks not the ram. I even used a backup I had with no sucess then a restore point no luck then I changed my drive C with a new HDD and again no luck so I had ruled out software my bios is running much better now after fiddling in the bios for 3 days. I then replaced the cable to drive 4, just before I closed up my machine I pulled a stick of ram out as in one error message I glanced the word memory but I didn't think memory because in the past bad memory usually means a blank screen not a working irraticly machine, But it was one bad stick so I have been reduced to a meer 16gb ram but have 2 new sticks coming so that should mean 48gb of ram when I fit the new two. One Hdd has me puzzles as its brand new and stopped working but when the restore of my files is complete the drive will be installed once again with a reboot. Have a nice day hope this helped someone.​

Bill Shannon

Reaction score
Well I was wrong got puter working well then it fell over again may have been the Bitlocker code for the encription of the files and libarays. At least I got it to boot into windows and its out of my league its in a puter shop now.