BitLocker Key Issue

nhojjohn3

Reaction score
I raised a ticket to change the delivery option for my security code on my account since my old phone number was disconnected. The ticket is expected to be resolved by 8/6/2024, almost a month after it was issued.

During the setup process of a fresh Windows installation on my laptop, I chose to set up a new device instead of restoring from a backup. However, upon checking my other drives (E, F), I found them encrypted with BitLocker. I learned that the BitLocker key should be accessible through my account under devices. When I attempted to retrieve the key, I encountered an error stating that I need a security key, and the one I issued will be available on 6/6. While I can wait for the key, I need immediate answers regarding potential data issues resulting from setting up a new device on the same laptop. Will the key remain the same, or is there an option for key recovery?

Ask a Question