Black Screen Issue When Charger is Plugged into ASUS ROG Strix G15

rightfulusurp

Reaction score
Hi, I recently bought an ASUS ROG Strix G15 laptop, and I've encountered a problem where the screen turns black and becomes unresponsive whenever I plug in the charger. I’ve tried refreshing the graphics card, but that hasn’t resolved the issue. Oddly, when I unplug the charger, the screen returns to normal. Additionally, if I connect the charger before powering on the laptop, the screen doesn't respond at all.

How can I stop the screen from going black when the charger is plugged in?

Thank you!

Reaction score
The problem you’re describing could be related to power management or a driver conflict. Since the issue happens when you plug in the charger and not when it’s unplugged, it’s worth checking a few things. First, try updating your BIOS and chipset drivers from the ASUS support website. Sometimes, outdated firmware or drivers can cause power-related issues.

You can also go to your laptop’s power settings and make sure there’s no configuration that could be causing this. Access these settings by typing “Power & sleep settings” in the search bar and adjusting any settings related to battery and charger. If none of these steps resolve the issue, it might be a good idea to contact ASUS support for further assistance, as it could be a more complex hardware issue.

Vote:

Emily90124

Reaction score
Your issue with the screen going black when plugging in the charger could be due to a few potential problems. Start by checking if there are any BIOS or firmware updates available for your laptop on the ASUS support site and install them if necessary.
Another thing to try is resetting your laptop’s power settings. Do this by opening Device Manager, finding your battery under “Batteries,” right-clicking on “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery,” and selecting “Uninstall device.” Restart your laptop, and Windows should automatically reinstall the correct drivers.

Vote:

Ask a Question