Bluetooth keeps disappearing

johnbasketball

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My Bluetooth keeps disappearing, and despite contacting tech support, the "fix" they provided only lasted 6 hours. I’ve updated drivers, Windows, and tried restarting services. I’ve followed various fixes from YouTube, Reddit, and this forum, but I can only restore Bluetooth temporarily—just a few hours at a time. Additionally, the enhancement tab is missing, leading to very poor sound quality.

I’m at my wit's end and considering switching to a Mac. In the meantime, is there an external Bluetooth adapter or any other way to connect my laptop audio to an external speaker? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Bighorn

Reaction score
It's really hard to answer questions without have the full information about the computer.

I use Bluetooth on several Notebooks running Win10 and Win11. I keep USB Bluetooth dongles on hand for use on older machines without it, such as made by IOgear. Notebooks have it as part of the Wireless Network adapter and some Desktops will have it.

There's also a device that can plug into the audio port and broadcast to an FM radio useful for broadcasting audio from a computer to a radio, made for playing from an MP3 player to a car radio.

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Since it's a repeated problem, advise you to check with computer shop for faulty hardware .. yes there are external usb bluetooth adapter available .. in my case, my internal WiFi chip seems to be burnt and unusable, now I am using USB WiFi adapter :)

Vote:

Ask a Question