Camera failed on HP laptop

SoftSmith

Reaction score
When I open the Windows Camera app, nothing appears on the screen. Although the camera light turns on, it remains inactive even after I close the camera app. The light only turns off when I navigate to Device Manager and select Scan for hardware changes. On video-conferencing platforms like Google Meet, it displays "Camera failed."
Interestingly, the device name in Device Manager fluctuates between HP TrueVision Camera and PC Camera without any error messages.
Restarting the system doesn't resolve the issue, and uninstalling and reinstalling the driver also did not help. Occasionally, the camera functions but with a greenish tint and old television-like noise, before ultimately failing (as observed on Google Meet, while the Windows Camera app remains unresponsive).
Despite no available driver updates, I tried to install the displayed driver from the Browse my computer option, but the problem persists. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to identify any pattern or cause for this recurring issue.

Ask a Question