can't exit S mode in Windows 11

Nemyritty89

Reaction score
My Lenovo PC, only three days old, won't allow me to install Google Chrome. It keeps prompting me to exit S mode.

Solution
Microsoft Store might not be updated. Open the Microsoft Store, click on the three-dot menu in the top right corner, and select "Downloads and updates." Then, click "Get updates" to make sure everything is up to date.

BenVasghen

Reaction score
To exit S mode on Windows 11, go to Settings > System > Activation. There, you should see an option that says something like "Switch to Windows 11 Home". Click on "Go to the Store" next to that option. You should then see an option to "Get" the switch out of S mode. And make sure you have an active internet connection.

Vote:

Alberrtros

Reaction score
You should ensure you're logged in with your Microsoft account when attempting to switch. Sometimes using a local account can cause issues. If you're still having trouble, it might be a temporary glitch. Try restarting your computer,then try the switch again.

Vote:

DrPat_86

Reaction score
If you're still experiencing issues, it could help to check for any pending Windows updates. Having the latest updates installed can sometimes resolve unexpected issues with switching out of S mode. Go to Settings > Windows Update and check for any updates.

Vote:

Nemyritty89

Reaction score
I checked for updates, and everything is current. Still no luck. Could this be a hardware issue, or is it definitely software-related? Really don't know what else to do.

Vote:

NetworkNinja

Reaction score
You could try resetting the Microsoft Store cache. doing so can resolve issues like the one you're experiencing. Press Windows Key + R, type wsreset.exe, and press Enter. This will reset the store cache. After it's done, try accessing the Store again to switch out of S mode.

Vote:

jadonkov

Reaction score
Microsoft Store might not be updated. Open the Microsoft Store, click on the three-dot menu in the top right corner, and select "Downloads and updates." Then, click "Get updates" to make sure everything is up to date.

Vote:
Solution

Ask a Question