Checking my drive is stuck

WickedJohn

Reaction score
I've been getting this error check on my drive for about a day now it's been stuck for most of that time
I cant cancel it so I'm unsure what my next step should be

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
It's not recommended to skip CHKDSK or CHKNTFS because it will cause more file folder corruption in future .. however;

Use the Registry Editor for doing a host of other things; and in this case, this means you can disable your disk checking through it as well. Here’s how you can get started.
  • Head to the Start menu search bar, type in ‘registry editor,’ and select the best match.
  • In the Registry Editor, expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key and click on SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control.
  • From there, click on the Session Manager and double-click on BootExecute.
  • Set the Value data in the following dialog box to autocheck autochk k:Drive (where Drive is the drive you’re canceling the ) and click OK.
Disk checking will be disabled as soon as you complete the above steps. And, if you’d like to enable it again in the future, then all you’ve to do is type in autocheck autochk * in the value data exchange again, and everything will be back to normal.

Vote:

Ask a Question