Cursor fails to activate program.

Denny

Reaction score
Most of the time Logitech wireless cursor works, but not always. I open windows 11. Click on an icon at bottom but sometimes it doesn't open and I must kill computer with the switch and start over. Sometimes, like today, Edge icon will open and list of sites will open, then it freezes. The cursor can still move but it does nothing. I think the cursor software is up to date. This problem happens about a quarter of the time. Once the cursor is working it is ok for the rest of the time using the computer. I built it in 2019. I am guessing that the wireless cursor has been installed about two years.

Bighorn

Reaction score
Sometimes there are issues with Wireless devices that use USB ports in that what works in USB 2 ports [black center] don't work with USB 3 ports [blue center] such as older printers for USB 2 don't work properly when plugged into a USB 3 port even though USB 3 is backward compatible.

Vote:

DrPat_86

Reaction score
Another thing to check is the batteries in your wireless mouse. Low battery can cause intermittent issues. Also, make sure there's no interference from other wireless devices. You might want to try updating or reinstalling the mouse driver from the Logitech website.

Vote:
Reaction score
@Denny, have you tried connecting the mouse receiver to a different USB port or using a USB extension cable to bring the receiver closer to the mouse? Sometimes interference from other devices or the computer itself can cause these kinds of issues. And just ti be sure, you should check if there are any firmware updates for your mouse on the Logitech support page.

Vote:

Ask a Question