Deleted administrator account on Windows laptop

tubesfifty

Reaction score
Help, I accidentally deleted my administrator account. Now I'm using a local account and can't perform essential tasks, such as playing games. I've tried several methods but I'm lost and unsure what to do next. All I need is to regain administrator access on my laptop.

P/S: I'm currently in safe mode on the laptop but have forgotten my administrator password. Please help.

Bighorn

Reaction score
Is you Local Account set with Administrator rights or is only a Standard account? Sounds likes it a Standard and true, can't do much. There is another way to try, the hidden default Administrator. To make it visible so as to fix the problem in a Command Prompt window type
SET USER ADMINISTRATOR /ACTIVE:YES
Reboot to fix things then when finished type
SET USER ADMINISTRATOR /ACTIVE:NO then reboot. It's wise not to routinely use that hidden account.

Last edited:

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Just do a double check, I highly doubt you can delete the built-in Administrator account by using non-administrative privileged account;
  1. Start the computer, and then press the F8 key when the Power On Self Test (POST) is complete.
  2. From the Windows Advanced Options menu, use the ARROW keys to select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
  3. Select the operating system that you want to start, and then press ENTER.
  4. Log on to Windows as Administrator. If you are prompted to do so, click to select an item in the Why did the computer shut down unexpectedly list, and then click OK.
  5. On the message that states Windows is running in safe mode, click OK.
  6. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
  7. Expand Local Users and Groups, click Users, right-click Administrator in the right pane, and then click Properties.
  8. Click to clear the Account is disabled check box, and then click OK.​
If logged in as regular user, use: net user administrator /active:yes

The final choice is System Restore :)

Vote:

Ask a Question