Downloaded games are not loading

candymanal

Reaction score
I have many games, that worked fine in Windows 10 But when I download them and try to install them in Windows 11? Windows defender blocks and deletes the main components. I've so far turned off everything that I can and still I am told that parts of the app are no longer able to load. What king of crap is this? Paying money for a new system, just to have is lock out my own programs?

Sir_George

Reaction score
I have many games, that worked fine in Windows 10 But when I download them and try to install them in Windows 11? Windows defender blocks and deletes the main components. I've so far turned off everything that I can and still I am told that parts of the app are no longer able to load. What king of crap is this? Paying money for a new system, just to have is lock out my own programs?
Read the information provided in the link below, something there may solve the problem.

If you are using a 3rd party program for malware/virus protection, pause it while installing apps.

Vote:

RogerOver

Reaction score
I had the same problem with installing programs, that did simply nothing to install or to run (if no installer). And this was true also for programs that simply were an update to the previous version (the former version worked fine).
I think it has to do with the latest Windows update (KB KB5022913).

A simple solution I found (after some trial and error) is to rightclick the .exe file, to go to properties, then to the compatibilty tab and run the compatibility troubleshooter (see screenshot). After running, it will propose to use the compatibility mode for Windows8. ... And the the program will run !

But I think this is not normal !
(If Microsoft introduces additional security conditions for running (older) software, it should have announced it beforhand).

Capture.PNG

Vote:

candymanal

Reaction score
This is a TOTAL WASTE of my time and my money!
Windows 11 is still a piece of crap.
I disabled every antivirus, malware and firewall that I can.
I also disabled the garbage McAffee antimalware program.
I can place the program on my desktop, but as soon as I run it? (Either open, or as administrator)
The box pops up, that components have been removed.
This is a BRAND NEW GAME and iIS compatible with Windows 11.

l have saved my money and all this worthless effort.

Anyone want to buy a piece of scrap?

Vote:

Sir_George

Reaction score
This is a TOTAL WASTE of my time and my money!
Windows 11 is still a piece of crap.
I disabled every antivirus, malware and firewall that I can.
I also disabled the garbage McAffee antimalware program.
I can place the program on my desktop, but as soon as I run it? (Either open, or as administrator)
The box pops up, that components have been removed.
This is a BRAND NEW GAME and iIS compatible with Windows 11.

l have saved my money and all this worthless effort.

Anyone want to buy a piece of scrap?
You didn't mention when you did the upgrade, but if it has been within 10 days you can rollback to Windows 10. See the link below for details.

Once 10 days have passed, you can still go back to Windows 10, but it'll be a little trickier: You'll need to back up your data and perform what Microsoft calls a "clean install" of Windows 10 on your PC. Or, if you had backed up your system before installing Windows 11 in the first place, you can restore from the backup.

Vote:

Ask a Question