DX12 error when launching Marvel Rivals Beta

audittoilet

Reaction score
I have access to the Marvel Rivals Beta, but when I try to run it, I receive a "DX12 is not supported on your device" error and am returned to the launcher. My device meets all the requirements, so I'm puzzled as to what might be causing this issue. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
DirectX 12 is a mandatory requirement to be able to launch the client. If you are receiving this error message, you can try these 2 steps:
  1. Check your DirectX version
    You can follow the instruction from Microsoft Knowledge Base to learn how to run dxdiag.exe
    At the bottom of the System tab (the one open by default), you will find the line "DirectX Version".

If your DirectX is below 12, then unfortunately you will not be able to launch the client. You will need a new GPU which does support DirectX 12.
    If your DirectX is 12, then go to the next step!

2. Update your system:
    A vast majority of the users were able to fix this specific issue by updating their system.
    1. GPU Drivers: It is very important that you use the latest driver available for your GPU.
      Please visit either Nvidia or AMD website (based on your GPU) and follow their instructions

2. Windows: It is as important to make sure you are running the latest version of Windows.
      Please visit Microsoft Knowledge Center to learn how to keep your Windows up to date. If you are using Windows 10, please run dxdiag.exe and look at the 3rd line, saying operating system. The Windows 10 build needs to be 1909 or higher.
Note: Windows 10 isn't able to make Dx12 functioning properly with more ancient build, regardless of your graphic card. Kindly note that some version of Windows 10 like Windows Enterprise LTSC don't have access to more recent version of Windows by design and therefore will not be able to run the game properly.

Vote:

Ask a Question