Error Codes 0x800700c1 and 0x800705b9 During Installation of July 2024 .NET Framework and Windows 11 Updates

in1a6d

Reaction score
I’m encountering issues while trying to install the July 2024 updates for Windows 11. Specifically, the 2024-07 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 (KB5039895) fails with error code 0x800700c1, and the 2024-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 (KB5040442) fails with error code 0x800705b9. Additionally, this might be related to a "Updates are Underway" boot loop I’m experiencing. What steps can I take to resolve these installation errors?

JAY BJay

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my touchscreen laptop. What worked for me was disabling the touchscreen in the Device Manager temporarily. Here’s how:
  1. Open Device Manager.
  2. Find Human Interface Devices.
  3. Right-click on your touchscreen device and select Disable.
  4. Restart your laptop and try running Roblox again.
This should force Roblox to recognize your keyboard and mouse as the primary input devices. Once you’re done playing, you can re-enable the touchscreen by following the same steps.

in1a6d

Reaction score
Clear the SoftwareDistibution (don't delete the folder) but just clear the contents because deleting the folder will deny some permissions for Windows and restart the computer, then go here https://www.windows11forums.com/thr...untimes-19-07-24-silent-edition-x86-x64.3101/

I have published entire runtimes and .NET related files in one package .. it will be useful to you ..
Thanks for the suggestion, Xploit Machine. Clearing the contents of the SoftwareDistribution folder and restarting the computer resolved the issue. The updates installed successfully afterward. Thanks again for your help!

Ask a Question