Ethernet Connection Issues after Windows Update

ignoramuswrestler

Reaction score
Hi,

After installing the following updates on 31/07/24:

2024-07 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, Version 23H2 for x64 (KB5039895)
2024-07 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, Version 23H2 for x64 (KB5041169)
2024-07 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5040527)
my PC is now unable to connect to the internet via an Ethernet cable. Initially, the PC didn’t register the Ethernet cable at all. After uninstalling and reinstalling the Ethernet adapter driver, it connects to the internet but only through Windows and browsers. Specifically, Firefox works but won't allow downloads, and all applications requiring an internet connection, including the Microsoft Store, won’t load. Using USB tethering and Wi-Fi is the only way to use my PC normally, otherwise, I’m limited to just using the browser.

Fixes I’ve tried:

Disabling the firewall to see if it was preventing third-party apps from loading
Safe reinstall of Windows (the option that keeps your files)
Uninstalling the above updates
Rolling back to before the update
Launching in safe mode
Using Command Prompt to scan for system file errors
Troubleshooting the network (no issues found)

Are there any fixes for this issue, or should I just wait to see if the next update resolves it?

RogerOver

Reaction score
You could try this nice tool:
It gives you a warning, If you tick everything without necessity, but I never had a problem in doing Just this !

Ask a Question