File transfer

jgltx

Reaction score
I am trying to transfer photos from my PC to a Fire tablet. This should be a click & drag operation. I keep getting a popup from Microsoft(I think) offering assistance in transferring from tablet to PC but that's the wrong direction. The PC will not recognize the tablet.
Is there a trick to getting the PC to recognize the tablet?

JGLTX

Bighorn

Reaction score
Don't know about the connecting but if the Tablet can access E-Mail just send the pictures to the account it can access.

Vote:

Grizzly

Reaction score
Have you set the USB preferences on the Tablet to "File transfer" once it is connected to your computer?
Otherwise it will not work (although this is with an Android Phone)

Screenshot_20240617-165118.jpg

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
What is your Kindle version?

Some USB-C cables do not support data transfer. Try again with a high-quality cable, which worked previously for file transfer.
Also, make sure you correctly set up your Fire Tablet to accept file transfer. By default, when connected, Android devices do not charge. Just slide from the top of the screen to the bottom to unveil the notification center. The name might vary depending on your device, but usually, there's a notification called "Charging this device via USB, tap for more options". Click on it, and change the USB mode to file transfer.
Question from outside forum - I have two Fires: 11th generation 10 and 12th generation 7. Both have all USB settings configured the same. The 10 connects to my computer with no problem. The 7 does not connect at all. I've used the same Amazon cable for both attempts.

Vote:

Ask a Question