Firefox updates

cosmic52

Reaction score
Are firefox updates really necessary, there seems to have been quite a lot this past month. I've had three this week and from what I see of the updates, they're superficial and not relevant or needed.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Move to Chrome / Edge rather than complaining :D

Some people like FireFox, Chrome, Brave, Edge etc ..

cosmic52

Reaction score
Do you look for an argument every time you reply to a post?..For goodness sake, if you don't know an answer then don't reply.

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Firefox is a work in Progress. It's an open source program which is added to by a large number of people.
Why don't you just set it for Automatic Updates and then Forgetaboutit!
It's certainly not worth wasting time and space here, complaining about it. Eh Mate?

:cool:

cosmic52

Reaction score
All i'm really asking is, have I downloaded a beta version of firefox and how can I tell?..because I've read where the beta version is doing a lot of updates apparently.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Do you look for an argument every time you reply to a post?..For goodness sake, if you don't know an answer then don't reply.​
All i'm really asking is, have I downloaded a beta version of firefox and how can I tell?..because I've read where the beta version is doing a lot of updates apparently.​

Not arguement but suggestion / advise, even my Edge keep on updates every 2 days once .. to keep up the machine and the OS in top shape and smooth the updates are very necessary. Else the user may discontinue using the particular software and move to another reliable which doesn't require much updates .. rather than complaining about it .. even more a BETA is much like Preview / Canary build of Windows 11 which will receive more frequent updates rather than the normal user's Retail version. Please do know and understand about the concept why, when, what and how the updates works before start using a software ..

:)

yodap

Reaction score
My Firefox crashed twice today after update. Then restarted the browser and all is good. Sometimes it updates on the fly and normally have no problems.

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Since Firefox is supported by "contributors" and not just one group of programmers, you can expect a Glitch now and again. But if something goes wrong, they will fix it quickly.
I just leave mine on Auto Update and don't worry about it.

I've been with Firefox since the Beta days, before Ver. 1.0 was even released. It's never really failed me.
Through updates, I'm now up to ver. 127.0.1.

Cheers Mates!
Shadow :cool:

Ask a Question