Fixing Issues with Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX101 160MHz Adapter

fitbillowy

Reaction score
My laptop was turned off for 20 days. When I powered it back on, I noticed that the WiFi option was missing, and I encountered the error: "The Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX101 160MHz adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems." How can I resolve this issue?

JAY BJay

Reaction score
First, try updating or reinstalling the Wi-Fi driver. Go to Device Manager (right-click the Start button and select it), find your Wi-Fi adapter under Network adapters, right-click on it, and choose Update driver. You can also try uninstalling the driver and restarting your laptop; Windows should automatically reinstall it.

If updating the driver doesn’t help, check the Wi-Fi adapter settings in BIOS. Sometimes, the adapter might be disabled at the hardware level. Restart your laptop and enter BIOS/UEFI settings (usually by pressing F2, F10, or Del during startup) and ensure the Wi-Fi adapter is enabled.

Also, make sure your laptop is fully updated with the latest Windows updates. Go to Settings > Update & Security and check for updates.

If none of these solutions work, there could be a hardware issue with the adapter itself. In that case, contacting the laptop’s manufacturer support might be necessary.

Vote:

Ask a Question