Game Crashes Consistently with Event ID 0 from Source nvlddmkm

JohnTrabolta

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been attempting to play 'Sons of the Forest' and have experienced frequent crashes, ranging from 5 minutes to 1 hour into gameplay. The only information I get from Event Viewer is:

"The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. \Device\Video7 Error Occurred on GPUID: 100"

I have attempted the following:

- Running Command Prompt as Admin and performing a system file checker (DISM Scan) to repair possible corrupted or missing system files.
- Using DDU to ensure the latest NVIDIA driver is installed with a clean installation.
- Performing a Windows 11 Clean Installation Process (with all important data backed up).
- Adjusting settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel, selecting Debug Mode & Balanced Performance.
- Following steps found posted throughout this Microsoft Community Forum.

The issue persists, and the Error ID remains unchanged. I've seen suggestions to:

- Check my RAM DIMM0.
- Use manufacturer drivers instead of NVIDIA/AMD drivers.

These are my specs:
- AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics, 3301 MHz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
- AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics
- SK Hynix GKE160SO204808-3200 (DDR4 32GB RAM)

Bighorn

Reaction score
- Check my RAM DIMM0
Does that indicate you have only 1 RAM module on the motherboard? Does your BIOS or boot process have a memory test function that can be run before Windows loads?

A weird thought just occurred, I'm not a gamer but is it possible powerful games would work better with 2 or 4 RAM modules running as dual-channel? I have noticed some office-type and graphics programs work better that way.

albertjohn7812

Reaction score
Is anyone else loving the new graphics but struggling with the lag in the latest update? And what do you think about the character nerfs? The new maps are amazing, though! Thoughts?

Ask a Question