Games crashing frequently despite sufficient PC specs

ahiuquetzo8

Reaction score
I've been experiencing frequent crashes with my games lately, occurring after just a few minutes of playing, sometimes even less. Occasionally, the crashes happen after a longer period, but they are consistently happening. My PC specs should be adequate for gaming, so I don’t think that’s the issue.

I have downloaded the Event Viewer logs for application errors and warnings. If needed, I can provide these logs to help diagnose the problem.

JAY BJay

Reaction score
Hello ahiuquetzo8, crashes can be caused by a variety of issues even if your specs are good. Here are a few things to check:
  1. Drivers: Ensure all your drivers, especially the graphics card drivers, are up to date.
  2. Temperatures: Overheating can cause crashes. Use a program like HWMonitor to check your CPU and GPU temperatures.
  3. Power Supply: Make sure your PSU is adequate for your system and isn't failing.
  4. Event Viewer: Check for any critical errors or warnings that might give more details.
  5. Software Conflicts: Disable any unnecessary background applications or overlays.
Posting your Event Viewer logs here might help us pinpoint the issue further.

Vebi_Kebi

Reaction score
You should also:

Check for Windows Updates: Sometimes, missing updates can cause instability.
Scan for Malware: Use a trusted antivirus program to ensure your system is clean.
Run Memory Tests: Faulty RAM can cause crashes. Use Windows Memory Diagnostic tool or MemTest86.

Ask a Question