How can I receive a verification code via call instead of text?

srniot

Reaction score
After an update, I'm unable to log into my computer or Microsoft account because it requires a verification code. However, the only option available is to receive the code via text message. I need the option to receive the code via call because the phone linked to this account is a landline that doesn't support text messages. Please assist me.

Reaction score
You can usually change the verification method in the account security settings. Go to the Microsoft account security page, and look for options to update your contact methods. You should be able to add or select a phone number for voice calls instead of text messages.

Reaction score
if you can’t change it through the settings, try contacting Microsoft Support directly. they should be able to assist with setting up a call option for verification, especially if you only have a landline

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Personally, eventhough Microsoft have my phone number, primary email and 2 of my alternate emails .. I do also activate Microsoft Authenticator to easily attain verification codes and it's hassle free ..

I just need internet connection for the codes to be generated :)

srniot

Reaction score
if you can’t change it through the settings, try contacting Microsoft Support directly. they should be able to assist with setting up a call option for verification, especially if you only have a landline
That's exactly what I did

Ask a Question