How Do I Turn Off Efficiency Mode for Discord Permanently?

espompidaga

Reaction score
Windows has been turning on Efficiency Mode for Discord lately, which is very problematic because Discord is incompatible with this power mode. It causes Discord to freeze, hang, and even crash sometimes. Using the voice chat feature can also randomly disconnect you from calls unless you occasionally bring the app to the foreground.

I need a way to permanently disable Efficiency Mode for Discord. This has been an ongoing issue for months, and despite many complaints in the Feedback Hub and answer forums, no solution has been provided.

I have already tried numerous third-party solutions to disable Efficiency Mode permanently for Discord, but they do not work, even those that are supposed to be permanent. I have attempted everything from creating rules in Process Lasso to editing the Registry and Group Policies, but Efficiency Mode continues to force itself on my PC. It feels almost like malware!

Reaction score
Try setting Discord to run as an administrator. Right-click the Discord shortcut, go to Properties > Compatibility, and check "Run this program as an administrator." This sometimes prevents Windows from applying Efficiency Mode to certain apps.

Vote:

DrPat_86

Reaction score
Just disable Efficiency Mode for all apps. Go to Settings > System > Power & battery > Power mode, and set it to "Best performance." This should stop Windows from putting any app in Efficiency Mode. It might use more power, but it should solve the issue with Discord.

Vote:

Ask a Question