How to ASSIGN an icon to several files...not all...

dh13134

Reaction score
I want to assign an image, let's say The Eagles Hotel California.jpg, to each of the songs in my Hotel California folder. I also have a .jpg file of Hotel California album in the same folder. See the attachment. I want all mp3 icons in this folder to have the Hotel California image

Attachments

• Eagle screenshot for Windows 11 Forum.png
    Eagle screenshot for Windows 11 Forum.png
    263.7 KB · Views: 2

Bighorn

Reaction score
All of my music files have icons for the program I use to play them, it's called file association and is the program that opens when the file is double-clicked. My .mp3 files are associated with Windows Media Player Legacy on Win11 and use that same icon as in your image. Changing the program used such as the newer Media Player that comes with Win11 will show a different icon. The program set as default for a file type associates with all files of the type. My music files are in folders named for either the album or the artist.

Example of a few:

1725034027153.png

dh13134

Reaction score
All of my music files have icons for the program I use to play them, it's called file association and is the program that opens when the file is double-clicked. My .mp3 files are associated with Windows Media Player Legacy on Win11 and use that same icon as in your image. Changing the program used such as the newer Media Player that comes with Win11 will show a different icon. The program set as default for a file type associates with all files of the type. My music files are in folders named for either the album or the artist.

Example of a few:

View attachment 1867
So how does this happen (see attached) (let me know if the attachment is blurry)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240831_140440_My Files.jpg
    Screenshot_20240831_140440_My Files.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 5

Bighorn

Reaction score
Usually the icons shown with files are associated with the program that is set in File Association that can play them. That's usually how Windows does it but there may be third-party software or programs that can change that.
A partial list of movies that are associated with Media Player on my storage drive but I usually have them set for VLC except for the one with the .gi extension which is a rip of the DVD done by Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator which I don't have on this computer:
1725139747472.png

Ask a Question