How to Disable persistent Remind Me Later notification for expired Xbox Game Pass?

sijeno8y

Reaction score
I canceled my Xbox subscription a long time ago and don't plan to renew it. However, every few days, I get a Windows 11 notification saying "Xbox Game Pass Ultimate has expired" with only two options: "Renew Now" and "Remind Me Later." I want to stop receiving this notification entirely. How can I disable it permanently?

Reaction score
I’ve had the same issue after canceling my subscription. What worked for me was disabling Xbox notifications altogether. I'm talking about those from the Xbox app, including the subscription reminders. Hope this helps!

BenVasghen

Reaction score
If you don’t want to disable all Xbox notifications, you can try tweaking the Xbox app settings directly. Sometimes, the app has its own notification settings: Open the Xbox app -> go to Settings -> Look for a Notifications tab or section -> Disable notifications related to subscriptions. This way, you might still get other important Xbox notifications if needed.

sijeno8y

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I first tried disabling all Xbox notifications through the system settings, but I still got the reminder. Then I went into the Xbox app settings and turned off subscription notifications. This seems to have done the trick for now, but I'll keep an eye on it. If the notification comes back, I’ll try disabling the Xbox services.
Appreciate the help!

sijeno8y

Reaction score
Just wanted to provide an update. After a couple of days, I haven't seen the notification reappear since tweaking the Xbox app settings. Looks like that was the solution I needed. Thanks again to everyone who helped out!

Ask a Question