How to Fix 0xc000021a Error on Dual Boot PC

oryxfastidious

Reaction score
I have a dual-boot setup with Windows 11 (originally Windows 10) and Ubuntu, and everything was working fine until now. Windows is showing a 0xc000021a error while Ubuntu works without any issues.
I had a previous problem with my Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers, so I purchased a TP-Link TL-WN725N adapter. I’ve tried several online solutions, including resetting just the Windows part of my PC, but nothing has worked. I also encountered an issue stating that c:/boot doesn't exist, even though Windows is installed on disk C.

What should I do now? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
It seems like your boot configuration might be corrupted. Here’s another approach you can try:

Use the Media Creation Tool on another computer to create a bootable USB drive.
Restart your computer and boot from the USB drive.
Access Command Prompt: Select Repair your computer > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
Rebuild BCD: In the Command Prompt, type the following commands:
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /scanos
bootrec /rebuildbcd
These commands will rebuild your Boot Configuration Data (BCD) and help fix the 0xc000021a error.
Reaction score
It seems like your boot configuration might be corrupted. Here’s another approach you can try:

Use the Media Creation Tool on another computer to create a bootable USB drive.
Restart your computer and boot from the USB drive.
Access Command Prompt: Select Repair your computer > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
Rebuild BCD: In the Command Prompt, type the following commands:
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /scanos
bootrec /rebuildbcd
These commands will rebuild your Boot Configuration Data (BCD) and help fix the 0xc000021a error.

Vote:
Solution

fencing_juno89

Reaction score
You can also try using the DISM tool to repair your Windows image:

1. Boot into Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
2. Run DISM: Open Command Prompt as an administrator and type:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
3. After DISM completes, run sfc /scannow again.
This should help resolve any deeper issues with the system image that might be causing the 0xc000021a error.

Vote:

oryxfastidious

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help! I followed your suggestions. I created a Windows 11 installation USB, booted from it, and used the Command Prompt to run bootrec /fixmbr, bootrec /fixboot, bootrec /scanos, and bootrec /rebuildbcd. After rebooting, my Windows installation loaded without any issues. I appreciate the detailed instructions and support from everyone!

Vote:

Ask a Question