How to fix "Try another verification method, that verification method isn't working right now. Please try another method."

cameramanunwelcome

Reaction score
Whenever I try to add my phone number to my Microsoft account, I encounter the message, "Try another verification method, that verification method isn't working right now. Please try another method." I have tried all available methods, but none work. I've noticed this problem occurs only with Iraqi numbers.
Is there a solution to this issue, or is this targeting by the company towards certain countries?

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Not to worry and nothing to do with regions on the notification, I'm from Malaysia and previously had the same issue as your's but I managed to over come this problem by including primary email, 2 secondary recovery emails, 2 phone numbers and Microsoft Authenticator ..

So, now I have additional 5 recovery for verification if one fails. This problem sometimes occurs due to the server load and automatic ISP gateway changes (which we don't really realise as a home / office users).

Try slowly and If you managed to get into your account, add some additional recovery / authenticating information for safety and it is useful if any one fails to send you verification. This additional method also very useful for other service providers eg. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, AOL, Yahoo and many more ..

:)

Vote:

cameramanunwelcome

Reaction score
Not to worry and nothing to do with regions on the notification, I'm from Malaysia and previously had the same issue as your's but I managed to over come this problem by including primary email, 2 secondary recovery emails, 2 phone numbers and Microsoft Authenticator ..

So, now I have additional 5 recovery for verification if one fails. This problem sometimes occurs due to the server load and automatic ISP gateway changes (which we don't really realise as a home / office users).

Try slowly and If you managed to get into your account, add some additional recovery / authenticating information for safety and it is useful if any one fails to send you verification. This additional method also very useful for other service providers eg. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, AOL, Yahoo and many more ..

:)
Thank you for the suggestion, Xploit Machine. It’s soooo reassuring to know that this issue might not be region-specific, as I initially suspected.

I'll try to include multiple recovery options as you suggested like adding additional emails and phone numbers, and using the Microsoft Authenticator app. And I'll verify my number at different times and possibly use a VPN to see if changing my IP address helps.

Vote:

Ask a Question