How to recover a hacked account

Reaction score
I've been using two Microsoft accounts for years, but one day I received a message saying the account no longer existed. A support agent informed me that it had been hacked and is now associated with another email address. When I tried to use the account recovery tool, it wouldn't send me an email after completing the process. I've tried multiple times, but now it says I've attempted too many times and have to wait 24 hours. This has also happened to my second account, and I'm getting frustrated. How can I recover my hacked accounts?

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Only the their support team would be able to help you, not us here .. and 2FA's are most recommended,I lost my personal Facebook, AOL and Yahoo account since last month :(

Luckily my Live and GMails are 2FA protected ..

Bastet

Reaction score
There’s an excellent tutorial here by Diane Poremsky who is an MVP so the information is 100% reliable on what your options are:

Please be aware that as the email address has been changed to that of the hacker &/or 2fa/mfa has been enabled then usually there’s nothing which can be done. If you know the email address then the account may be recoverable.

Ask a Question