How to remove 'Mobile devices' from Task Manager Startup apps

soulfullentils

Reaction score
I've successfully removed the 'Phone link' from the Task Manager's Startup apps list, but I'm having trouble removing 'Mobile devices'. Whatever it is, it doesn't seem to function properly. When I try to access its properties, I encounter the error message: "Windows cannot find 'CrossdeviceService.exe'...
Although I've disabled it, but I’d like to completely remove it. I triedto use an app called Manager.exe to manage startup items in Windows 11, but couldn't find anything similar to 'Mobile devices'.
I would truly appreciate some help as soon as I can get any.

DanTheShield

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi @soulfullentils

To remove 'Mobile devices' from the Task Manager's Startup apps list, you can try the following steps:
  1. Registry Editor:
    • Press Win + R, type regedit, and press Enter.
    • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.
    • Look for an entry related to 'Mobile devices' or CrossdeviceService.exe.
    • If you find it, right-click and select "Delete."
  2. Task Scheduler:
    • Press Win + R, type taskschd.msc, and press Enter.
    • Look for any tasks related to 'Mobile devices' or CrossdeviceService.exe under "Task Scheduler Library."
    • If you find any, right-click and select "Delete."
  3. System Configuration:
    • Press Win + R, type msconfig, and press Enter.
    • Go to the "Startup" tab and see if 'Mobile devices' is listed there.
    • If it is, uncheck it and click "Apply," then "OK."
After these steps, restart your computer to see if 'Mobile devices' has been removed from the Startup apps list. Let me know if this helps!

Ask a Question