I can't install 2024-07 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 (KB5040527)

euphoricpickled

Reaction score
I don't know why, but when I try to upgrade to the 2024-07 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based systems (KB5040527), it always fails with the error "0x800f081f." What can i do now?

Reaction score
This indicates missing or corrupted system files. You can try using the DISM tool to repair the Windows image. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, then run sfc /scannow to check for and repair any corrupted files. After that, try the update again.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
PAUSE the update, goto SETTINGS -> SYSTEM -> TEMPORARY and clear everything listed there .. then goto File Explorer -> WIndows -> SoftwareDistribution (delete everything inside here, remember to delete only the content and never delete the folder itself. Same goes to C:\Windows\Logs folder .. delete the contents inside, not the entire Logs folder ..

Restart the computer and proceed with the update again .. :)

Ballens

Reaction score
Sometimes, third-party antivirus software can interfere with Windows updates. Try temporarily disabling your antivirus software and then run the update again. If that doesn't work, you can manually download and install the update from the Microsoft Update Catalog.

Ask a Question