I ran a memory test and now my PC is extremely slow

TechGuru99

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was having issues with my CPU where it would occasionally drop in usage and cause game stuttering, something I hadn’t experienced before on this PC. I ran a memory diagnostic tool using the command mdsched.exe, which took about 20 minutes and found no issues. However, after restarting, I noticed that my desktop icons and taskbar icons had become larger.

The game I was trying to play became extremely slow to the point of being unplayable. I’m also having trouble with the FN+F5 key to switch between different modes (like gaming mode and silent mode), which doesn’t seem to work anymore. Additionally, I no longer have access to the NVIDIA Control Panel or GeForce Experience.

I really need my PC for studying and this issue is urgent. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: The game performance seems to have improved and the icon sizes have returned to normal, but the FN+F5 key and NVIDIA software issues persist.

Ask a Question