I want to disable automatic updates on Windows 11.

Reaction score
I'm tired of losing my data unexpectedly. Please assist me in turning off automatic updates completely, so I can manually apply them when it's convenient for me.
Each time an automatic update occurs, my computer restarts regardless of which application is open, resulting in data loss and creating serious issues on multiple occasions. Rescheduling updates isn't always effective; frequently, the computer crashes during the pause period, leading to the update being applied anyway.

Thank you for your help!

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
What update do you think you need?
The answer is NONE, absolutely NONE!

I stopped receiving Auto Updates decades ago. I don't need them, I don't want them, and I won't tolerate them fouling up my PC.

You can RUN > Services.msc > scroll down to Windows Update and set it to "Disabled".

A simple way to STOP auto Updates is to download and run the program, "StopUpdates10.exe"
That allows you to STOP all updates, and even turn them back ON, if you ever want to.

It's not difficult to STOP Updates!

Shadow :cool:

Ask a Question