Input audio not being detected by computer

kneecyclonic

Reaction score
Yesterday, I suddenly encountered an issue where my microphone audio stopped being picked up by my computer. The system recognizes that a microphone is plugged in, but no audio is detected. This occurred without any changes to my computer or microphone. I have spent about 5 hours attempting various online solutions, but nothing has worked. My microphone is labeled as Realtek(R) Audio.

I have already tried checking permissions, updating and restarting my computer, using a different microphone to confirm it's not a microphone issue, and plugging the microphone into a different jack to rule out a jack issue. I also updated, rolled back, deleted, and reinstalled drivers, enabled and disabled the microphone in Control Panel, checked volume levels, and restarted the Windows Audio Service. Additionally, I uninstalled the device in Device Manager, tried troubleshooting through multiple platforms including HP and Windows support, performed a system restore to a date when it worked, and physically checked my PC for loose cables.

Bighorn

Reaction score
Not possible to give a response, nothing given about the computer. If a Desktop, usually the pinkish port is for the microphone but maybe a Line-in port can be used. On a Notebook the microphone may be in the bezel beside the camera at the top middle of the display panel.

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Don't update the driver, just uninstall and select something notice like "Delete Device Drivers" and restart the computer, let the Windows select proper driver ..

Vote:

Ask a Question