Is additional security software needed for W11 Microsoft Defender antivirus

cyclist

Reaction score
Currently, I am running two systems with Home W11; Version 23H2. Using Microsoft Defender antivirus only.

On one of these systems uses three email addresses Yahoo, Outlook and gmail. For whatever reason we are seeing those Security Alert pop up indicating that your system is locked up and to call a number to unlock etc, etc. I never call this number. But this alert seems to happen ONLY when we access yahoo mail to retrieve non important emails.

My Question is it advisable to use another in conjunction malware, antivirus program along w/ MDA software. Any thoughts as to why only using yahoo mail we get these Security pop ups? Thank you.

Grizzly

Reaction score
I do not think you have anything to worry about. Those "Security Alerts" are simply a fake to get you to call to give them access to your computer. Just ignore those. BTW: If your system is locked up, how can you write this?? Think about that for a moment...
This is Spam at its finest....

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Windows Defender now named as Windows Security are both same and good enough to protect our computer unless you install 3rd party antivirus and remove completely the Windows Defender .. there is a tool to remove 100% Windows Defender from your computer and its FREEWARE ..

However I personally dont recommend to replacing Windows Defender / Windows Security because it communicates with Windows Firewall automatically unless the user is capable to adjust built in firewall settings according to the need of application eg. bypassing and blocking codes .. eg. my own computer settings below in blocking some stuffs;

1718765223207.png

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Currently, I am running two systems with Home W11; Version 23H2. Using Microsoft Defender antivirus only.

On one of these systems uses three email addresses Yahoo, Outlook and gmail. For whatever reason we are seeing those Security Alert pop up indicating that your system is locked up and to call a number to unlock etc, etc. I never call this number. But this alert seems to happen ONLY when we access yahoo mail to retrieve non important emails.

My Question is it advisable to use another in conjunction malware, antivirus program along w/ MDA software. Any thoughts as to why only using yahoo mail we get these Security pop ups? Thank you.

Is your computer locked? nah .. those just SPAM emails, dont worry and everything is fine and move thos emails to SPAM / JUNK folders and/or report it as PHISHING ..

:)

Ask a Question