Issues with Windows Sleep Mode - Seeking Help

Hirodoko

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm encountering a persistent problem with my Windows laptop regarding its sleep mode. Whenever I attempt to put my computer to sleep using the 'Sleep' option from the Power menu or by simply closing the lid, it doesn't work as expected. Instead of entering sleep mode, my screen just flashes for a moment, and the computer locks itself, defaulting to the lock screen instead of sleeping.

This issue is particularly frustrating because when I close my laptop lid, expecting it to sleep and conserve battery, it continues to run. The next day, I'm met with a drained battery, which shouldn't be happening based on my current settings:

The screen is set to turn off after 3 minutes on battery and after 30 minutes when plugged in.
The device is configured to sleep after 10 minutes on battery and after 1 hour when plugged in.
My power mode is balanced to optimize between power use and performance.
Battery saver is set to activate at 20%.

I've made sure to apply energy-saving recommendations, yet the issue persists. I'm at a loss here and could use some guidance. Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Hirodoko

Reaction score
I'm currently running Windows 11. What baffles me is that I've had the same problem for multiple years on different versions of the operating system and different laptops too

Vote:

Hirodoko

Reaction score
When Googling these are examples of what can cause a device not to go into sleep mode. My computer is running the latest Windows version and is continuously updated via Windows update - it should have the latest software as well as firmware.

1706092980927.png

Vote:

Ask a Question