KB5039302 is not offered through Windows update

Grizzly

Reaction score
KB5039302 is not offered through Windows update...
...yet!!

Is this one released in waves again?? The Windows 10 update came through today.
Asking out of curiosity.....

Bighorn

Reaction score
I did 5 machines today [oldest are from 2019].

I have another one that wouldn't see it when checking for updates so I got it from the Windows Update Catalog, so far seems okay. But I must say that install was on a Notebook from 2014 upgraded from Win10 Home to Unsupported Win11 Home. Have another one to do tomorrow.

Last edited:

Vote:

Grizzly

Reaction score
I already had it downloaded from the catalog but was waiting to get it through WU. Today is finally appeared although I have read that this update was withdrawn because of constant boot loops.... will see what happens....

Vote:

Grizzly

Reaction score
Just finished installing the KB5039302 preview without any issues. Seems like MS has done their job for once...

Vote:

Bill Shannon

Reaction score
I have the infinite restarts and I haven't downloaded KB5039302 yet so must be the 365 offer on lock screen causing this desire to restart also I think the restarts occur because 365 is an upgrade / update and wants to reboot the computer like any restart please keep 365 to yourself microsoft unless we request it don't force it down our throats. I purchased my win 10 cd disk with the licence code that means I own it so don't abuse me please. I don't want subscriptions because once everyone forces up to pay for software we won't be able to afford it. I'm still using software from 1998 and it works for me. Yes it will run on win 11.

Last edited:

Vote:

Bill Shannon

Reaction score
Found my auto booting problem in the Bios under advances a switch for power up by os clock was set on auto so I disabled it. It is next to usb keyboard power up and usb mouse power up etc may have been in Advanced / usb menu or another menu my MB is a asrock Z790 PRO RS. cheers this isa just a fix for a looping boot to windows every time you turn computer off / shutdown error.

Vote:

Ask a Question