Laptop can't connect to Wi-Fi

hornamadeus1990

Reaction score
My device is a Dell Inspiron 15 3000. After resetting my network settings I couldn't reconnect to Wi-Fi. I've tried various solutions like using CMD prompts and reinstalling drivers through Device Manager, but nothing has worked. I even considered doing a factory reset, but during the setup process, my laptop couldn't connect to Wi-Fi, which likely means I don't have a Wi-Fi driver. I'm stuck trying to figure out how to reconnect to the internet. I'm writing this on my phone and I neep my laptop back asap.

Bighorn

Reaction score
I have a Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 from 2014, it has an 802.11n Wireless adapter but is only 2G, I have to use a USB dongle to get 802.11ac with 2G and 5G. It also has an Ethernet port for the Wired connection to the Router, does yours? Can you download files using your phone? If so to to dell.com, find Support and put in the Service Tag number that should be on the case or in the battery compartment, may also be in the BIOS, repeatedly press F2 or Del as soon as the Dell logo shows. That process should get to where you can download the drivers for the adapter.

Vote:

Ask a Question