Managing Apps that Automatically Add Themselves to Startup and Prevent Sleep

plumberhotdog

Reaction score
I'm encountering issues with my Windows 11 system where it refuses to sleep or restart properly. Despite trying various troubleshooting steps, including restarting the operating system, the problem persists. It seems that certain apps are responsible for this behavior by adding themselves to the startup list and then being difficult to disable. Fing was one such app, and although their tech support suggested I could have prevented it from loading at startup the process wasn't intuitive. More recently, Samsung Magician exhibited similar behavior by adding itself to the startup list without providing an obvious way to close the app. I had to resort to using the Task Manager to exit it. It appears that developers prioritize their code to run independent software updates and background tasks, leading to these issues. While I'm learning how to navigate around these app behaviors, I welcome any additional suggestions.

Ask a Question