Microsoft Store stopped working after utilizing a custom KMS activation server

seicaicheez

Reaction score
Hi there! I recently built a new PC and attempted to activate Windows, but encountered difficulties. In my attempts to find a solution, I resorted to a free activation method I found online, which involved using the /slmgr command to connect to kms8.****. I wanted to revert to my retail key, so I used /slmgr rearm to reset the settings. I decided to switch back because when using the custom KMS server, Microsoft Store apps would consistently throw an error after Acquiring License during downloads.

Returning to my unactivated state, I used the Reset My PC option in Settings. Afterward, Iwanted to reinstall the same app as before, only to encounter the same issue. However, I noticed that other apps, which I hadn't attempted to install while connected to the custom KMS server, functioned properly. I understand that experimenting with the KMS server instead of contacting Microsoft Support was my own decision, but I'm hopeful that someone can provide assistance. Thanks in advance!

Ask a Question