Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Installation Issue: Waiting for Another Install to Complete

lossfanfare

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to re-download all of my Microsoft Visual C++ packages, including both x86 and x64 versions. I've successfully downloaded all except for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64. When I attempt to install it, the process completes verifying the files but then states it is waiting for another install to complete, even though I am certain no other installations are occurring.

I've encountered this issue multiple times. Some suggest ending the Windows Installer task in Task Manager and restarting it, but that hasn't worked. Others recommend ending the msiexec.exe task, but that hasn't worked either.

I need help as I'm trying to play a game that requires all necessary x64 packages. I've even tried waiting longer, but I still receive the notification "Another installation process is running." I know for a fact there isn't.

Ask a Question