Microsoft Windows is not responding

Lemmomom2

Reaction score
My PC was functioning perfectly until a few weeks ago when it started slowing down significantly. It now takes around 15 minutes to boot up, and many applications won't open. After consulting IT, they suggested upgrading the RAM. I replaced the old RAM with a new 32GB kit, which improved the speed slightly, but the PC still faces several issues. Upon startup, I encounter a 'Microsoft Windows is not responding' error, and I have to wait for everything to load. Even after that, I can only open a few applications and struggle to access files. Occasionally, the system freezes with a grey background, requiring a forced shutdown to resolve. What steps can I take to address these issues?

Bighorn

Reaction score
Have you ran SFC /SCANNOW from a Command Prompt window, see if there's any errors? If errors are found but not fixed may need to use DISM to fix them.

Vote:

Mickey52

Reaction score
yes, it has fixed many things for me (SFC /SCANNOW ) it must be run through administrator prompt there is a space between SFC and /SCANNOW.
beats starting from scratch losing your data if you do not have a current backup.

Vote:

Ask a Question