Missing drivers for digital microphone and BT sideband devices on Asus Vivobook

trunkroof

Reaction score
The microphone on my Asus Vivobook is not functioning, and two devices—the BT sideband device and the digital microphone device—are showing as missing drivers. I have attempted to update the drivers through Device Manager and Windows Update, but no drivers were found. Running the troubleshooter did not resolve the issue.

System Information:

Edition: Windows 11 Pro
Version: 23H2
Installed on: ‎13/‎8/‎2024
OS build: 22631.3958
Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1026.0

Iefte1961

Reaction score
i have exactly the same problem, same configuration
Laptop: HP Pavillon
Edition: Windows 11 Pro
Version: 23H2
Tried to get in touch with HP service, tried some workaround but no solution :mad:

Vote:

Emily90124

Reaction score
I’d recommend trying a few more things. First, visit the Asus support website and search for your Vivobook model. They often have specific drivers available for download that might not show up through Windows Update. Download and install the drivers for both the digital microphone and the Bluetooth sideband devices directly from there. If that doesn’t work, you might want to try checking for any BIOS updates from Asus as well, as sometimes hardware issues can be resolved with a BIOS update.

Vote:
Reaction score
If you’re missing drivers for your digital microphone and Bluetooth sideband devices on your Asus Vivobook, and Windows Update and Device Manager haven’t helped, there are a few more steps you can try. Go to the Asus support page and download the latest drivers for your specific model. Sometimes the drivers available directly from the manufacturer’s site are more up-to-date than what Windows might find. Additionally, ensure that you’ve installed all Windows updates, as some updates can include necessary driver components.

Vote:
Reaction score
If you’re still having issues, you might want to check if the missing devices show up with any exclamation marks in Device Manager. If they do, right-click and select “Uninstall device,” then restart your laptop and let Windows attempt to reinstall the drivers automatically.

Vote:

Ask a Question