Mouse Auto Scrolls

hgshawn

Reaction score
This issue started for me just after my last Windows update.

I am running Windows 11. Intel i9-=10900, 64 GB Ram, Logitech MX705 Mouse, Logitech MK710 keyboard.

When in Excel, the page scrolls right non-stop.

In file explorer, the folders pane scrolls down until it reaches the bottom. The file list does not auto scroll.

On some web forms, drop down boxes auto scroll.

On the settings page, if I shrink my window small enough, I can't scroll down. It keeps auto scrolling to the top.

I don't have the issue in Word or web browsers (I primarily use Chrome).

What I have Tried:
I have removed all mouse drivers and reinstalled them.
I have removed the batteries from all of my blue tooth devices and plugged in a wired mouse and keyboard.
I have shut down the PC and unplugged it for an hour. While it was unplugged, i removed the blue tooth transceiver, removed batteries from all devices. Then I put it all back together.
It is even a problem in my remote desktop environments.

I really don't want to reinstall Windows, but I'm going crazy.

Any Ideas

Bighorn

Reaction score
The only 'auto scroll' I get is by press down on the mouse wheel and get this image which means I only need to move the mouse itself, shows the icon moving up or down the screen as desired:

1727455207874.png

Bighorn

Reaction score
I've had issues with a couple of Bluetooth mice, mostly erractic page scrolling and double characters with a single left click. Attached a third mouse to the same computer with the two off and battery removed, no issue. I did have an extendible strong magnetic probe close to the 2 mice and am thinking that could be causing an effect. Having a magnet close by in the days of floppy disks was a no-no, killed the data on the disks.

Ask a Question