Mouse won't work and can't shut computer

Denny

Reaction score
About 1/3 of time the mouse can move on screen BUT won't activate anything and lately I can't use the switch on top of pc computer to turn off computer and restart. I must use the power switch on the back of the computer to turn it off then on and use the upper switch to start over.
I thought it might be the Logitech mouse so I bought another Logitech mouse and have the same problem.
Win 11 Pro, Asus Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Asus GT-AX 1000 Router, Microsoft wired keyboard, Intel I9-9900KProcessor

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Another method by keyboard is CTRL+ALT+DEL and enter, then use tab button to guide thru until lower right corner SHUTDOWN icon .. for mouse issue, try another USB port .. else try to connect both mouse, Windows can accept 2 or more mouse simulaneously ..

If the mouse works, goto Device Manager and see if the other not working mouse has exclamation mark? .. try uninstall and update the driver with another working mouse ..

Vote:

Ask a Question