New Preloaded HP Laptop, Shift+F10 cmd Prompt MSFT Account Bypass Not Working

Spec_tech

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just purchased an HP Laptop model 17-cn2083dx and am trying to set it up, but i'm coming across the infamous microsoft account login requirement.
I did some quick research and found out about using the Shift+F10 key combo to get the command prompt to input the OOBE BypassNRO command.

However, when i try to hit Shift+F10 on my laptops keyboard, the loading icon on the cursor just blinks real quick and nothing happens. I've also tried an external keyboard and that seems to result in the same thing.
The Windows Key+R still seems to work to bring up the Run window, but windows doesn't allow the command prompt to be brought up.

The only other resolution I can think of is to make a backup image just in case and then just reinstall Windows 11 on it to see if it helps. But that would get rid of the OEM image partition that i could use to restore the laptop later, and i'd prefer not to do that.

This seemed like a laptop model issue at first, but now it's sounding like a Windows related issue. Has anyone come across this before or know of anything to try to bypass the account requirement without the command prompt?

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Speaking as a Retired Computer Tech, I've always said that if someone GAVE me a new Laptop with Windows on it,
The first thing I'd do is grab my fully Rufusized Flash Drive, with my choice version of Windows on it, Boot up the Laptop with the Flash Drive and perform a CLEAN install of Windows.
New PC's just have too much crap installed on them.

When you burn an ISO to a FlashDrive using Rufus, you can tell it to eliminate all the conditions, stipulations, and dumb questions.
Keeping it simple, I just take all the options, and I even let Rufus put my name in, so i don't have to do that.
The result is a Flash Drive that can perform an almost totally Unattended Install.
And the end result is a Clean, Lean and Mean OS.

Why more people have not gotten on to this simple procedure, is beyond my comprehension.

Grizzly

Reaction score
When I bought my recent laptop, I immediately changed the Drive in there and installed a clean fresh Windows. I still have the original drive, but it was too small for my purpose (only 512GB) and I needed way more space (Have now 2TB minus 200GB for the system, the rest is data.

Spec_tech

Reaction score
So just for the heck of it, i grabbed a Windows 11 ISO from microsoft's website to reinstall windows. I put it on a flash drive with a tool called Yumi and booted it up. I made a backup image of the drive with Clonezilla just in case. The install went through ok, except for the fact that I couldn't use my trackpad cursor during the install at all, so i had to use the keyboard keys to navigate.

Once i booted up to the new install of windows, it actually allows the Shift+F10 key combo to work. BUT, it's still not allowing me to see my trackpad cursor.
Worst of all, once i bring up the command prompt, I can't even type up anything. I can't type in OOBE\BYPASSNRO to try to bypass the microsoft account login.
My guesses are that there's some sort of trackpad driver issue that the install image doesn't have and that the new windows install didn't get until it connects to the internet and updates. That, or microsoft really did try to lock this down and disabled typing if the command prompt is brought up. The keyboard worked for Shift+F10, but doesn't seem to work after with the command prompt

Maybe there's some other windows images i can try that may actually have the right drivers for my touchpad and keyboard, or where microsoft hasn't nerfed the install already?

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
If you manage to use keyboard and enter to W11, just download SysMinion and enable the legacy F8 .. this method works for me in any case the OS goes off ..

Ask a Question