Photo Transfer from iPhone Results in Corrupted Files

oj1to7i

Reaction score
Despite trying multiple methods such as opening the iPhone as a device and using Microsoft Photos for importing, all attempts lead to corrupted images. Some appear entirely unviewable, while others display half grey or black. The issue persists across different iPhones and Windows versions.

Previously, I lost valuable images due to silent file failures. Upgrading to a new phone didn't fix it.
Even more, troubleshooting with Apple Support revealed USB handshake issues, causing delays in establishing trust between the device and computer. This likely affects image file transfers too.

Bighorn

Reaction score
It can be problematic when transferring from iAnything to Windows. I was tasked a few months ago to get a clients images off an Apple iPad G2 [old] and found the best way was to install the latest iTunes on my Win11 Notebook, plug the iPad cable into the Notebook and use iTunes to manage the process. It seems older versions of iPad didn't include a file manager hence the need for the newer iTunes that does include it.

Another way to transfer files is to E-Mail to one-self and open the message in Windows.

Vote:

Ask a Question