Previous system shutdown was unexpected

cuielorse

Reaction score
I'm really worried about what's happening. My computer keeps crashing from time to time, especially when playing 3D games. I have replaced the PSU and have updated my BIOS to the latest version, which didn't solve the problem.

jadonkov

Reaction score
It could be a number of things causing your system to crash. Have you checked your CPU and GPU temperatures? Overheating can cause crashes, especially under heavy loads like 3D gaming. Also, ensure all your drivers, particularly GPU drivers, are up to date.

nhojjohn3

Reaction score
You might also want to run a memory diagnostic tool to check for faulty RAM. And if you have multiple RAM sticks, try testing each one individually to see if the problem persists.

cuielorse

Reaction score
I checked the temperatures, and they seem fine. The CPU stays under 70°C, and the GPU under 75°C during gaming. I’ll try running a memory diagnostic tonight. Thanks for your help!

JAY BJay

Reaction score
I had a similar issue a while back, and it turned out to be a bad GPU. If you have a spare or can borrow one from a friend, try swapping it out to see if that resolves the crashes. Also, make sure your system is clean and dust-free. dust can clog up fans and cause overheating.

cuielorse

Reaction score
I managed to borrow a GPU from a friend and will test it out later today. Fingers crossed that this helps! Any other ideas in case this doesn’t work?

Ask a Question