Print Spooler Issues after KB5041585 Update

weaverdomestic

Reaction score
After installing the KB5041585 update on August 15, 2024, my Print Spooler service keeps crashing. I’ve tried restarting the service, but it crashes again whenever I attempt to print.

I’ve also deleted all files in the C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\PRINTERS folder and reinstalled the printer drivers, but the issue persists.

Can someone help me resolve this problem? Thanks!

Bighorn

Reaction score
Does it also crash when choosing one of the other devices listed in File, Print or in Settings, Bluetooth and Devices, Printers & Scanners? There may be several listed but most are software devices. It may help using one of the others to narrow down where the issue is.

RogerOver

Reaction score
You could try this little gem = "printflush", a .bat file from Brad Kovatch !
Copy the text in Notepad and save as prinflush.bat (add the bat, remove the text ending)

If it does not work immediately, create a shortcut to the .bat file, rightclick it, go to the Shortcut tab, then Advanced and tick "Run as administrator".

I use it since very long time, whenever the printer doesn't want to do as I want !
Keep it for the next similar situation ! The program is very rapid and seems to resolve all printer problems (until next time 👿)

Last edited:

RogerOver

Reaction score
.bat files cannot be run as an administrator. But shortcuts to .bat files can. That's why you need to create a shortcut first !

Bighorn

Reaction score
Sometimes .bat files will run but not remain open to display results unless a Pause is the last line in them.

Ask a Question