Profile switch options greyed out and suspected account compromise

lateenmosquitoe

Reaction score
I'm not in school and don’t use workspaces, yet these options appear in my account and the options to switch profiles automatically are greyed out. I am the sole user and owner of this desktop, so there shouldn’t be other profiles. I’ve been dealing with suspected hackers and have tried multiple security solutions, including Malwarebytes Premium, Trend Micro, AVG, and CCleaner—all premium. Despite investing heavily in a new desktop and various security measures, the issue persists.
Microsoft Edge is my primary browser, and I’ve had Microsoft support attempt remote fixes, only for them to suggest a factory reset—done on a brand-new desktop just three days old. Xfinity checked my router, leading to a new gateway and router, but the problem returned after a brief period. I suspect the issue might be related to my Microsoft account.

I’m considering deleting my Microsoft account, but I would appreciate any advice or alternative solutions. I love using Microsoft products, but this ongoing issue is becoming too frustrating.

Thanks for any help!

Ask a Question