PUABundler:Win32/CheatEngine active and of low threat

jadonkov

Reaction score
Hello! Each time i run a scan it detects PUABundler:Win32/CheatEngine as being active and of low threat. i tried to remove it but every fresh scan shows the same file. Malwarebytes doesn't detect anything but i'm still worried

eugenabloomfig

Reaction score
Hi jadonkov! it is often flagged because it comes bundled with additional software that might not be malicious but is unwanted. If you trust the source where you got Cheat Engine it might be a false positive.
Try running a full system scan with another antivirus program like Bitdefender or Kaspersky to see if they detect anything. Also, make sure your Windows is up to date.

WinWarrior

Reaction score
Did you fix this? i recommend booting into Safe Mode and running a full system scan from there.
Threats can hide from antivirus programs when the system is running normally. Safe Mode can help because it runs the system with minimal drivers and services. If that doesn't work, consider using a specialized removal tool like AdwCleaner to target and remove potentially unwanted programs (PUPs)

Ask a Question